Wednesday 28 May 2008

Last and First post before i leave.........


Hello everyone!

Just thought I should write something before I leave as it would be nice for you to read seeming as I have given you all the address!!!
I will firstly just apologize for all the spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes that there will be!! just remember i will be learning another language out there and my mind might get a little more boggled!!!
And i would like to thank all of you who so kindly donated money. I baked about 35 cakes and managed to raise £660 pounds, which will go such a long way out there, so thank you so much. I spent £100 on a few things that they asked specifically for like underwear and colouring books, crayons and so on for the children, I shall take the rest of the money with me as it will go further and be for specific needs that they have in the orphanages.

I'm proud to say that I packed my bags last night!! This leaves me a day 'free', so I am quite happy bout that, and i won't be opening the bag to check I have everything because I won't be able to shut it again, so I can really say that it is done!! Though I haven't managed my reading schedule as well as my packing...so I have a little to do when I get there..or that I can read in terminal 5 at Heathrow.............

I start the missions school on the 2nd of June I think, so I have a couple of days to acclimatise. Apart from attending the school and doing the assignments and projects, we also have several projects to do in churches , work in the orphanage etc, though it is all linked, what we learn we must put into practise! Oh and learn portuguese, unfortunatly i have lost my book this last week....but I will certainly pick the language up over there, but I would like to find it... There are about another 100 or so students I think, international and Mozambicans, so quite a mixed group really.

I dont really know what to write now as I don't really know everything about what is going to happen, or what we do, so I shall keep this updated as I go along. I get internet once a week in town so you can imagine all the students going...so if I can face a sprint you shall hear from me!!

For further info on the directors, Heidi and Roland Baker, the missionaries that started Iris Ministries Mozambique then I would encourage you to read "Always Enough" Baker & Baker, you can get it off Amazon for not too expensive and it's a really really amazing read. They also used to be missionaries in the slums of Hong Kong. Read it!!

Well I hope that you will enjoy reading this blog, and hope that I manage to write in a more interesting way than when I talk!!!!

4 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Hello Mimi - I like your blog :)
Am looking forward to seeing it get filled up when you get time. We will be praying for you on your adventures. Your testimony and dreams are inspiring and you are an encouragement. Love you, Zoe xx:0)

Angela said...

Hi Miriam,
Good to read your message before your big adventure starting. I am looking forwards to discover the land with your words. Will remember you in my prayers. Love you xx

Mylou said...

Miriam, tu m'impressionneras toujours. You are amazing and you really deserve the best. I am really forward to reading all your adventures there. Good Luck!

Darren said...

Hey there, Mim, interesting blog.
Nobody could ever accuse you of being non-verbose could they? Didn't realise you were going with the Bakers. The church I attend (Antioch) backs them a bit.
Also didn't know your passion for Afrika (sorry, "Africa"!) ran that deep. Kinda envious of the fact that you're sharing her warmth!
Keep close and keep sharing that vision He's given you, coz He's gonna bless it. Love'n'hugs, Darren ;0)